Breast Implant Information
What are Breast Implants?
Dr. Nawada uses breast implants to give Tampa and Orlando, FL breast augmentation patients enhanced breast volume. All breast implants have a solid silicone rubber shell, and are available filled with either saline (sterile, salt water solution) or silicone gel. Dr. Nawada and his nurses will fully explain the differences between saline and silicone at your consultation and help you make an informed decision as to which is best suited to you. This page reviews some basic facts.
Saline vs. Silicone
Dr. Nawada performs breast augmentation surgery for women from Central Florida cities such as Orlando and Tampa using breast implants filled with either saline or silicone. The type chosen depends on his patients’ individual needs and desires. Dr. Nawada only uses implants made by the top two manufacturers in the U.S., Mentor and Allergan. He believes in both companies’ products equally.
Things to Consider
Women desire breast augmentation for various reasons:
- Personal reasons such as enhancing breast appearance with more volume, balancing overall body proportions, and achieving a fuller look in clothing and swim suits.
- Post-pregnancy to restore breast contour and volume after childbirth and breastfeeding.
- Post-weight loss to restore lost size and enhance breast shape.
- Correction of asymmetry for breasts of uneven size.
Choosing Your Implants:
The size, placement, and type of breast implants depend on both the patient’s personal preferences and Dr. Nawada’s experienced opinion. Breast augmentation is the number one plastic surgery operation performed in the United States. But, following the suggestions and medical opinions on size (cc) and placement of non-medical specialists is not recommended. In other words, it is important not to follow the advice of friends or family members simply because they are familiar with breast augmentation or have had it themselves. Deciding to have breast augmentation is not equivalent to simply purchasing a product. Although you can explain what general size you would like your breasts to be and can decide between silicone and saline, specific implant usage and placement depends on:
- How much breast tissue you currently have
- Skin and muscle elasticity, which varies according to pregnancy, breastfeeding history, hormonal changes, age, weight loss
- Body frame and muscle structure (just because you want a D-cup doesn’t mean a large implant can physically fit your body)
Dr. Nawada will consider your aesthetic goals and provide his professional medical opinion on what will give the optimal post-operative outcome, based on decades of training, experience, and continued education. An ultimate decision on implant size, type, and placement will be agreed upon between surgeon and patient before surgery occurs.
Return to our Breast Augmentation page.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models.